Exterior remodeling can add a fresh look to your home with the many update options available in design, technological ease or style. There are many exterior remodeling ideas out there that can greatly improve your home’s protective functions or provide you with energy efficient benefits! Whether it’s in the small scale or extreme, there are many fixes out there that will spruce up your home and last for years to come!
How much does it cost to renovate the exterior of a house?
Depending on your exterior remodeling concerns cost can range depending on the project you choose to undergo whether it’s minor or major. Exterior remodeling costs vary according to the size of your home, location, age, materials and how extensive you’re choosing to make changes. In more extreme exterior remodeling cases, you can expect costs in the thousands due to the combination of various exterior projects. With smaller projects like choosing one or a few changes, they can be in the hundreds.
Exterior Remodeling Projects can include:
- Roof: you can add solar panels, sunroofs or skylights, chimney top or create a chimney, add a dormer or attic window, change eaves and trimming or change your roofing materials altogether! (costs range anywhere from $5,000-$30,000; averages range from $10,000-$14,000)
- Landscape: enhance your walkway, build a deck or patio, expand your entryway, enlarge or update your garage or driveway, create a garden or add trees. The options are numerous. (small projects range from $500-$750; extensive changes can be $5,000-$20,000)
- Siding: provide improved insulation with weather blocks lining, install vinyl, repair trim or create a new siding placement design. (small projects range from $100-$1,000; large ones from $2,000-$23,000; average costs can be $700)
- Doors and Windows: add new openings, change the way they open or change the older models into more energy efficient ones. (cost ranges from $100-$300)
- Exterior Lighting: add gas lamps, lights in your garden or along the path of your home. (costs ranges from $100-$2,300)
- Implementing Energy Efficiency: sunroofs, insulation, solar panels, wind power systems, energy efficient windows or doors. (cost ranges from $100-9,000)
- Painting: Color affects the mood and style of your home, you can choose to paint trims, doors, framing, windows, roof, deck, siding, patio, stairs or the entire home. (cost ranges from $600-$6,000 with average ranging from $1,700-$3,900)
Small Scale Exterior Remodeling can include:
- Adding a signal booster for bad cell service (Cell Antenna Installation)
- Changing porch lights or adding a walkway trail of lights
- Covering bald patches of grass on your lawn
- Planting a tree or a few flowers
- Switching out your mailbox
- Installing a Smart Doorbell (with features such as auto lock, camera and speaker)
- Change the handles of your door, windows or mailbox
- Painting your entrance door, window frames or eaves
Exterior Roof Renovation can include:
- Wood Shake Shingles: Add more resilience against severe storms Wood Shake Shingles in Rockwall, TX (if the area you live in is susceptible to fires this option may not be right for you.)
- Slate Roofing: slate is more resilient than concrete or clay, non-combustible and prevents the growth of mold and fungus.
- Asphalt Shingles: the most affordable and popular option, these shingles are made from asphalt granules that rest on top of fiberglass. They have an average life of 15 years but can easily be replaced.
- Tile Roofing: come in clay or concrete options which are both durable, fire retardant and last 50 plus years. They can withstand high winds and won’t separate from extreme weather.
- Metal Roofing: corrugated, shingle and standing seam are a few of the many options to choose from. Metal roofs provide cooling effects for your home which greatly cuts back on energy bills. They last 50 plus years, don’t corrode or crack, withstand extreme weather plus wind conditions and rarely require repairs.
Exterior Remodeling Design can include:
Exterior home remodels have a wide variety of different designs in order to match with the plethora of eclectic tastes out there. Here are just a few that may spark your interest or inspire you in your exterior remodeling plans.
- Ranch Exterior Remodel: features a long and close to ground profile usually in an ‘L’ or ‘U’ shape with a wide layout, they are usually one story with low pitched gable ends or hitch roofs and are generally plain with a lack of ornament.
- Modern Exterior: this home design started out from the early to mid-twentieth century and usually follows the International style of architecture. It has simple lines, proportions, an open layout and abundant natural light from numerous windows.
- Contemporary Exterior: this design is constantly changing to fit the design elements of the present day, it doesn’t conform to a single shape or style yet usually incorporates pops of color and/or long tall panes of glass.
- Brick House Exterior: developed in the mid-twentieth century, brick almost encases the entire house and can vary in style depending on the home owner’s preferences.
- Craftsman Exterior: details of this design are inspired by the Arts & Crafts Movement. It’s known for a broad front porch, square columns, clean lines, warm colors and natural materials that often gives a look of economic bungalows.
Exterior remodeling is a fun endeavor for any residence that adds to the longevity of the home as well as aids in environmentally sound efficiency! From small to large remodels or changes in design, an improvement no matter the shape and size always give a fresh feeling to your home! Decide on what ideas are right for you and your budget, any change is guaranteed to exceed your expectations on the improvement it makes!
If you require reliable exterior remodeling services in the Rockwall and Dallas, TX call 469-264-5176 with Heaven Sent Exterior Solutions!